Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How I love you "sew"

"Littlest Pet Shop" Dress for my little niece

and the back

"Littlest Pet Shop" Dress 2 for my older niece

and the back
As you can see, I HAVE been busy with a few more extra-curricular activities (other than work!) and all of which have included making things for people in my life. I love to receive hand-made things and I think it is so fun to make things specifically for people, that you know they can't just go out and buy.

The first two dresses I made were for my nieces (who are obsessed with "Little Pet Shop" toys). The only thing I didn't have in my stash were the t-shirts and I picked those up at Target in clearance for a couple of bucks each! I happened to have picked up a remnant of "Littlest Pet Shop" material sometime ago and knew that a couple of custom dresses would be the perfect birthday presents for my nieces! I paired them with some great pink gingham fabric and the bright turquoise that had the same colors as the "Littlest Pet Shop" material and made each dress a little different. I am a Mom after all and I understand how alike things look when they are lumped together in the laundry! (yipes!) They turned out so pretty too!

"Cars" vest for my nephew

and the back
Well, you can't really make dresses for the sisters and not make something for the brother too, right? Haha, my nephew had a birthday too and I had a plan! This boy loves anything cars related and I thought this "Cars" material paired with a great gingham would do the trick. I actually made this from a "Simplicity" pattern, replacing the back panel with gingham fabric and lining the entire thing in the gingham as well. I think I've mentioned that my machine makes terrible button holes and I wanted his mom to be able to fasten it up, so I recycled a button placket from a .50 cent find from the thrift store and put it to good use! The snaps in the back to cinch it tight were recycled from the same piece and honestly, I don't think I could have done it cheaper! I mean, how cute is this? ;0D

Pretty pillow for my co-worker

and the back too.
Grandma, let me know if the material on the front of this looks familiar...(and thanks!)

I have a wonderful co-worker that turned 35 the other day (I'm not far behind...yipes!) and I wanted to make a little something for her (mostly because I'm flat broke...again). I kind of asked her out of the blue what colors her bedroom were. She told me they were mostly neutrals and that her accent color was a red/orange. Turns out I had something pretty in my stash that would do! I had some quilted material and some fuzzy material that were neutral and paired with this gorgeous print was...well, awesome! I know she and her husband have dogs and so, I made a slip cover that was easily removable and tied it up in the back with a pretty bow. She loved it! My other co-workers couldn't believe I had made it. I guess it looked pretty good! ;0)

3 comments:

Maharry Balls said...

So cute! I love your creativity!

Cara said...

The girls are both wearing their dresses to school tomorrow. Tehy are very excitied. :) Thanks for being such a loving auntie!

jgirl said...

Thanks ladies! ;0D