Monday, July 9, 2012

Reflection

I want each of my friends to know that I respect and support them in all that they do. I miss all the friends/family I don't get to see everyday and think of, pray for (when asked), and wish nothing but happiness for all. What do I ask in return? Nothing. Nothing, but show the same respect to me in return. I've learned that not all of you are able to reflect my nonjudgmental, supportive, respectful attitude I have toward all and that is really a shame. I am fully aware that you are all entitled to your opinions and even to your opinions regarding me, my actions, my parenting skills, my clothes and whatnot...that is your right. I just want everyone to know that if they cannot keep those opinions that are destructive, critical, judgmental, pious to themselves, then I respectfully ask you to no longer include me as a "friend."

Sounds like one of those stupid copy and paste facebook statuses, huh? It took soooo much self-restraint last week for me not to post this as my status and fearing it would be dismissed as a stupid "copy and paste" status and be largely ignored by my 513? FB friends. Um, yeah. So, what's up? Remember all those posts I used to write about being nonjudgmental, respectful, supportive? Well, I really am like that in real life. No fronting for internet purposes here folks, I'm straight up fo' sho'! ;) Even if I don't share your beliefs or skin color or sexual orientation or viewpoint, I will not judge you and support whatever it is you believe or do. No explanations necessary. Know what I don't appreciate? When I am questioned for what I believe or think or do. I know I'm a decent person. I care deeply for people. I want to try to be better. I am raising my kids to be decent human beings. I don't need anyone in my life that can't be supportive of me as I am of them. Period.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I love you, Sissy. No judging here. :)

Annelise said...

I love you and all of your weirdness just the way you are. I am glad you are weird and that you embrace me in my weird way and that we can all just be happy and weird in our own weird way. No judging allowed.