Monday, August 22, 2011

tHiS iS wHaT i LiKe (post 300)

I'm baaaaaaack! And just when you thought you had gotten rid of me....bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!;0D I just referenced the post number and had to look twice, I mean...I've posted 300 times on this blog already?! Who knew I had so much to say, right? (or not as the case may be) ;0) Anyway, I'm feeling better this week and a bit more refreshed and ready to tackle life again. I completed my one of my projects, had a couple of days off, and even got my house clean(er). Amazing what a little down time does for your initiative, right? Right! I really don't have a "like" per say today, but I do have some pics of fun stuff to show off. So here goes!:


I have a good friend who is a 3rd grade teacher. She has followed my blog (as I do hers) for a long time and asked me if I could make some pillows for her classroom. She brought me the material and told me what ones she had used already and told me to let my "creative juices" flow. Oooh hoo hoo, one of my favorite phrases ever! Her classroom is a sun theme this year and what's more appropriate than a sunset? That's what I was thinking when I made the pillow above.


This pillow I actually made first, I wanted a checkerboard pattern with the orange and green and decided an envelope-style flap in the yellow stripe would be fab! Full disclosure here, my daughter picked out the buttons and didn't she do a great job? ;0)


I probably spent the most time on this pillow above. I knew I wanted the background to be green and thought that these simplistic appliqued trees would be super cute! I used the striped flannel for the trunks and some of the buttons my friend brought for the "fruit". Topped off with fluffy little appliqued clouds and sun and a yellow striped border and this pillow screams child's drawing, right? ;0)


This one was my favorite to make! I happen to know my friend loves stars and just had to make at least one pillow with a star theme. I love, love how the shooting star stripes turned out and I lifted it up so you can see the star applique wraps around to the other side of the pillow! (It originally matched up perfectly, but I had to size the case down a tad)

I needed another green pillow and took strips of all the other colors and appliqued them around this one. I should have shown the other side so you can see they wrap all the way around, oh well. ;0)



I had so much fun with these and my friend has had many compliments. I loved doing it and thanks for the opportunity Anne! ;0D

1 comment:

Miss Rogers said...

They really are awesome! I think they will be one of my posts once I have time to play catch up. :( Thanks again!