Monday, September 26, 2011

DEAD


My computer slowed down over the course of the week last week. Slowwweeed dooooownnnn to the point of....stop. No biggie, I have the ABC RENT A GEEK handy and at my disposal. He fixed it. He always does. I ended up with a computer break for 3 days over the weekend because of it. Normally, I would have been annoyed that I hadn't been able to keep up with my blogging interests and annoyed that I couldn't live vicariously through my 496 (at last count) FB friends. This weekend was different though. I worked all afternoon/evening on Saturday after spending all morning with my family, attending a festival and parade in our sleepy little town. I was tired when I was through and normally would have wanted to check to see what happened while I was out LIVING but, I didn't care. Today, as I attempt to wade through all the things that need to be checked I realize I would rather be living my life instead.

I started this particular blog last April after I lost my job. It was great as a means to express myself and feel like I had a use again. I loved to share all the things I have learned and/or made, I loved to think that people got something out of it. I've repeated myself over and over again (I'm not under any delusion here) and I think I've about used myself up. Now, before you get all upset that I'm putting an end to ShE's NoT yOuR aVeRaGe MoM all together (yes, that would be all...um, 3 of you) let me assure you that I'm not. Where once I posted 5 days a week and then trickled down to 3 and then I only posted once last week, I'm really surprised anyone reads this at all! It bugs me to no end that I don't have the time I used to have to devote to this and I hate to have to kill it all together...so, what's the solution? 

For my FB readers, I'll still be there 5 days a week like usual sharing quotes, thoughts, recipes, links...so, no worries there. For my blogger-only readers, I will be here when I feel inspired to be. Like I have several sewing projects completed and in the works that I'll share soon and I still cook gluten-free goodies that warrant sharing as well! I am, however, going to nix the "TiP fOr TuEsDaY" segment all together. It was fun to do, but I know it's pretty lame now. I'm over it!

I haven't killed it yet folks, but perhaps a little tweaking is in order and this is exactly what I intend to do! Stay tuned!

No comments: