Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 304)

The pitfalls of being too nice.


Absolutely
NO
SOLICITING

This right here will be going on my door as soon as I'm done writing this. I am probably going to regret admitting this, but I really am too nice. I have been swindled out of money and services and ended up with countless subscriptions and other things I don't need. It's been so bad that I usually just shut the door right after I open it bidding the solicitor good day and not giving them a second thought. Perhaps I was caught off guard today, I'm not sure really how it happened, but a sweet college student from Estonia saddled me with a hefty bill for something I didn't need. I should have just shut the door. Sigh.

Too many years of people pleasing in the customer service industry has warped my ability to be effective at saying NO. I can say it to my kids alright. I can tell my man the same thing. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone at the door is so different. Since I'm obviously no good at it I thought I'd seek out a little help and found an article at Woman's Day. I also found an article here about "How to Stop Being a People Pleaser". It actually looks really helpful in breaking the cycle all together. 

What it all boils down to is maybe, just maybe, I should stop them from knocking on the door altogether. (Or at least discourage it) A friend of mine has a sign on her door discouraging people from knocking by claiming the dogs will eat the offenders and perhaps that is a bit extreme (if not really funny). I think I'll post my sign and work on leaving the customer service skills at work where they belong for now. Oh, that and figure out how to return something to Estonia. Sigh. ;0P

No comments: