Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 275)

So, I'm not Super Mom.



So, I'm not Super Mom. I can't leap over large laundry piles with ease, I can't tackle carpooling, homemade dinner, and well-scrubbed toilets with speed. Super Mom is home when you get there with fresh baked cookies and Super Mom never makes you clean your own room. Super Mom sews on all the missing buttons the first time you asked, Super Mom is never tired or crabby. Super Mom keep the cupboards stocked at all times, Super Mom can take everyone grocery shopping and exit with a smile, Super Mom is well...super!

Not Super Mom hasn't been caught up with the laundry in over two weeks. Not super Mom only makes actual dinner about two or three times a week and can't remember the last time the sticky kitchen floor was mopped. Not Super Mom forgot that no one would be home to make the kids' dinner last week and Not Super Mom hasn't hidden the video games yet this summer. Not Super Mom just yelled at someone for being lazy too.

But, hey I know I'm not Super Mom. I have to put myself in time out sometimes because I can't be nice. I refuse to take more than one of my kids to the grocery store at a time because they make me crazy. I am busy most of the time and when I'm not, I'm tired a lot. I clean when I have time and choose to spend time with the kids over it frequently. Sometimes I look forward to going to work just so I don't have to listen to the bickering too. Like I said, I'm not Super Mom...but, you know what? My kids are happy and healthy and know I love them and honestly, that is enough. Sorry Super Mom. ;0)

No comments: