Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Define "Not So Average"



I had a friend ask me the other day to define what a "not so average" Mom might be. Of course I use the term loosely. I would consider most Moms who have quirks and passions and deep love for their families "not so average". I'll use myself for a moment as an example:
I have every color you can think of in Converse sneakers, it is a rare day that I don't have them paired up with just about whatever I have on. In my mind they go with most things and are probably only inappropriate for church wear. Saying this, it never stops me from pairing them with jeans, shorts, capris, skirts, leggings, casual dresses...you get the idea! I also have an infinity for ugly socks. Long or short, striped, argyle, fluorescent, matching my outfit or not, I always have a crazy pair on! I mean what's the fun of plain white socks? =0) I love anything to do with Snoopy. I have quite the collection of collectibles and clothing and vinyl decals of the silly beagle on my mini-van...I love it! He reminds me of growing up with my sibs in Arizona with one or two beagles always running through or yard.=0) My family isn't average either. I'm a single Mom of three having been divorced from their Dad for 4 and half years now. We all live together with my long-time beau and he is wonderful and loves the kids as his own. My oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome and is such a wonderful boy, he has taught me patience and perseverance. I wouldn't change him for the world! My daughter and youngest son are great, well-adjusted, lovable kids, I couldn't ask for better kids!=0)
So, as you can read I would consider myself a "not so average" Mom...what makes you not so average? Shoot me a message or comment and let me know! =0)

No comments: