Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 284)

A long holiday weekend make a blog-slacker be, not that I played all weekend mind you. Nope. I actually only really had yesterday off and took full advantage of the day with my kids. We rose early and traveled some and got sunburned, ate some awesome stuff, played a ton, and made it home very, very late. It was awesome! Despite running on maybe 6 hours of sleep, it was just what I needed to refuel and to tackle the mundane reality of the working Mom.
J. Lamb 2011
All that being said, I want to suggest to my over-planning, perfectionist counterparts (myself included), take a day trip. Don't worry if the kids didn't eat anything but junk all day. Don't worry if no one got enough sleep. Don't worry about time and schedules and obligations. Pack the kids up and take them someplace you can all enjoy. Play with them too. Keep it simple and uncomplicated and just enjoy each other. It's the activities like these I best remember from growing up and also the memories I cherish. You're making memories, so make them easy to remember and enjoy!  Because you really don't want them to only remember the frazzled, overworked, "This is supposed to be fun, so quit crying!" Mom. That's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY! ;0D

No comments: