Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, the possibilities!



This is a picture of my family room floor and as you can see it's covered with one of my favorite things, fabric! What is it about fabric that I love so much? The many textures, colors, prints and patterns. The possibilities are endless! You don't have to just sew things out of fabric either, nope. You can make rag wreaths, wrap it around things and glue it down. You can make curtains and blankets and clothes and accessories! I have discovered something, you see all the fabric you see in the picture above  is from the thrift store! My local store bags up what they receive through donation and sells the bags for 5 dollars a piece! I've gotten huge lengths of satin and knit fabrics (score!) in gorgeous colors and textures. I have gotten flannel and corduroy and chambray and canvas. I will be making beautiful things forever now! It's so fun to mix patterns and colors and make things that aren't just store-bought and generic, they are unique! I love it! ;0)

No comments: