Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 258)

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.  ~Buddhist Saying


Can you believe it? I started this blog a year ago! If I started writing it a year ago, that means I've been unemployed for an entire year. It's true, when you are a kid time drags on forever and all you want is for things to speed up. When you are an adult, you can blink and an entire year is gone. When I look back upon the year that has passed while I blinked, I can't believe how much I have grown. I was thrust into the land of full time Mommy and to be honest I struggled. After working constantly through an abusive marriage and difficult divorce, having my kids be gone for two years, getting them back to struggle as a single Mom, I was just so busy I never dealt fully with it all. This last year was rough financially and emotionally and I feel so blessed it all happened. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and it's up to you to figure out why and to learn and grow from the experience. I learned to be better as a person, as a mother, as a friend and companion. These last few months I was lucky enough to accept myself as I am, as a whole, not as a label.
What does the next year hold? I have been blessed. Blessed with new found acceptance and appreciation for my kids and my man and maybe, just maybe it all shows. I have also been blessed with a great new job! A job in my field no less, working with a product I adore, with great upbeat and impressed with me (wow, right?) people! A job with opportunity for growth and decent hours and not working so much that I miss out on my kids because honestly, I have really great kids.
What about ShE's NoT yOuR aVeRaGe MoM? You know that gluten-free recipe sharing, sewing up super cute things for wearing, mini van driving and Converse wearing, learning about life and all out tip sharing woman? She's here and she just figured out why she is... ;0)
And I will continue on.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Yay! Maybe you can help me find som ejeans that actually fit well cuz right now I only have two pairs that do. :)