Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 260)

Good morning all! My apologies for not making it here yesterday, I'll try to do better on the time organization thing. The kids are out of school in a few days and that will cut way down on my taxiing time and will help, ha!

Anyway, since I have a few minutes I thought I'd share what's going on at my house this week on the organization front. The weather seems to have made up it's mind and has warmed up significantly (not necessarily today, but you get my drift) and this means the great seasonable clothes exchange! (Que angels singing aloft) Ahhh!!! This is absolutely a vital part of keeping my sanity and I perform this ritual twice a year. I take and sort through my clothes, store all sweaters, corduroys, warm snuggly jammies, and donate what is worn, out of style, doesn't fit right and store the rest. Sounds simple right? Well, simple enough, but be prepared to have your floor look like the pic above for awhile!
Here's a couple of tips to make the process a little easier:

Do one closet at a time.

I usually start with the kids, the boys' first and then my daughter. Their stuff is a little smaller and I can usually get each of their closets done in an afternoon. I generally don't have enough time to get any more than that done at a time and this keeps them from making a huge mess out of things if I don't get it finished. I'll admit it usually takes me longer to get mine and my man's done, mostly because our stuff takes longer to fold and hang. It's okay, I've never died from having a pile of clothes in my room a few days! ;0P

Wash all the laundry first.

Nothing is more annoying than getting all the clothes put away and stored and then finding more things after you wash it all. Just make it easy on yourself, wash it all first! ;0D


Sort as you go.

I like to set out a few laundry baskets to sort through as I go. One for stuff to store, one to put away, one to donate. This way I can just transport the basket to the right location and be done that much quicker!

Let it go.

If you haven't worn it in a year and it isn't formal wear and you can't think of an occasion you'll for sure need it (not just maybe), then give it to someone who'll use it. I always think of it this way when I sort., I would much rather have it be of use to someone else then to take up space in my house. Being helpful feels good!

Clearing the clutter helps me think clearer (trust me, I need all the help I can get!) and gives me more time to do what I want to do and not worry so much about the have to dos! Here's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY and now if you'll excuse me I have a pile of clothes in my room calling my name! ;0)

No comments: