Thursday, February 17, 2011

*Mr. Sniffles*

Mr. Sniffles. A couple of days ago I was paid a surprise visit by this unwelcome guest. Mr. Sniffles caught me off guard and snuck in the back door and settled himself right in. I felt wonderful on Monday, it was a good day and I got a lot accomplished, but by Tuesday I was not happy. It started with a bit of a dry throat, which I ignored because my allergies have been acting up...I took an allergy pill and continued on my way. Later though I did many things and I showered in anticipation of leaving the house to do a few more things and it hit me...Mr. Sniffles was there staring back at me in the mirror with a smirk. "Darn you, Mr. Sniffles!", was a fleeting thought as I dressed and crawled back into bed for an hour, until my son came home from school. "Are you okay Mom?", my son asked when he found me buried in my blankets. "I don't think I feel very good", I mumbled as I tried to summon the energy to get up. I made it through the rest of the day through no choice because a Mom's work never ends and NyQuil was my friend for the night. Yesterday, though I was able to leave the house for a bit with the help of a little DayQuil, but Mr. Sniffles put a serious damper on any real motivation I might have otherwise had.
Today. Mr. Sniffles wasn't content to just be my companion, no he decided to darken my little one's doorstep as well. Looks like Mr. Sniffles strikes again. Darn you.

2 comments:

The Swapp Fam said...

knock on wood we have yet to have any kind of sick bugs in our house this winter season.

jgirl said...

knock on wood for you guys! we really haven't had too much sickness either...bleh. ;0P