Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sew sweet!


I know I missed posting yesterday...what can I say? I was busy having a little fun and the short 30 minute window I use daily to update my blog was used up doing something else. Eh, so be it!
If you've noticed, I have taken a bit of a hiatus from my sewing projects. I just about sewed myself to death over Christmas and my machine died because of it...poor thing. Well, a couple of weeks ago I had a project I wanted to tackle and took the time to revive my machine. It's a bit on the old a fussy side, I have to clean it out, pull it apart, swab it out with alcohol-dipped cotton swabs, and oil it and reassemble it...phew. As you can see, I talked it into being cooperative enough again! This little outfit was made for my friend C's little baby who turned a whole "1" yesterday and I made her a pretty dress for the occasion. As you can see from the first pic, the beginning wasn't very feminine. These were a pair of little overalls I picked up a ye old thrift store for a couple of bucks. They were in really good condition and I loved the chambray fabric. I already had the black floral material in my stash and thought I would maybe applique lady bugs to the front. I was hanging out with my Mommy yesterday (she took me to lunch for my birthday that's coming up) and we ducked into Michael's to find some ribbon for the hem of the dress. I had already found a little pink shirt to go underneath that would match the floral fabric (it has red and pink roses and tiny little gray-blue flowers on it too) and deiced I would have to make pink and red lady bugs to match. I found the most adorable pink ribbon with lady bugs, perfect! I removed the pockets and ran some lady bug ribbon along the tops and sewed them to the skirt. I used the ribbon along the bottom of the hem as well. Last I took a couple of fabric markers and drew a lady bug that matched the ribbon and I can't believe how cute it turned out!
My friend C loved it and decided the baby would HAVE to wear it today. You know what? Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement concerning my sewing projects, it'll be awesome! I'll let you all know when it happens, I promise! ;0)

2 comments:

The Swapp Fam said...

That is super cute. You are so talented.

jgirl said...

Thanks Monica! ;0)