Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 201)

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not." ~Author Unknown
I am famous for doing just this, unconsciously holding myself back for fear of failure mostly. You know that little internal voice that tells you what to do...yeah, mine is a bit on the loud side. I'm not sure if most people are aware of this, but I actually write this blog more for encouragement for myself than any sort of guide for anyone else. I figure that if I type out what I'm thinking, then I should probably follow through with my own advice and maybe I can help encourage someone else along the way. You'll have to let me know if this is the case! 
We as women and Moms and human beings  are required to wear so many different hats on the outside, sometimes it's hard to tell who we really are on the inside. I am a Mother, a companion, a domestic engineer, a multiple blog author, a realist, a taxi, a loyal friend, a personal chef, a role model, and a creative soul. On the inside I am afraid of failure, afraid of losing control, afraid I'm not good enough...I've noticed that the last one there is the source of all my insecurities. I mean realistically someone will always be better than you at something, but conversely you might be better than a lot of people at something else. I know what I can do, but I don't know everything I can't do. It's nearly impossible to know everything you can't do because unless you have tried to do it all and failed, how on earth would you really know? Now that I think of it...that is really true.
I pledge to make a conscious effort to change my eternal dialogue and encourage my readers to do the same. *I am afraid of failure. = How can you be afraid of something that you haven't failed at? 
                * I am afraid of losing control. = Only you has the power over you, therefore you cannot "lose control" unless you let yourself.
               *I am afraid I'm not good enough. = Being "good enough" for yourself should be the only thing that matters, period.
That's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY. Or mine rather! ;0)
 

No comments: