Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 205)

What are we teaching our children?
"Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat." ~Henry Emerson Fosdick
I know my TiP fOr TuEsDaY segment is probably kinda lame to begin with but, I like to think maybe it might make you think. I should probably focus more on household tips like laundry and cooking, but there IS more to life right? I'd like to think so! I'll try to be more diligent in categorizing so, if you just want to read the household tips it'll be easier. Ha! Anyway, here goes:

1hate

noun, often attributive \ˈhāt\

Definition of HATE

1
a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing hate of hard work>

source: www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate
HATE. Seriously, what a waste of an emotion. Now don't get me wrong, I've lived more than enough life to have experienced things or actions or people who should warrant such a label...I just choose not to. Hate will eat you inside out if you let it, it'll make you think and do things that you'll later regret. Hate is contagious like the flu as well, if you hate then your kids hate, and your friends hate, and sooner or later hate will consume the good in the world.

I have found that people don't necessarily understand my views on the subject of hate either. "But, he wronged you, treated you like crap...and you don't hate him?" No. I pity him, wish he were better, hate him? No. I can't and I choose not to. I had a wonderful teacher once who gave a lecture on the subject of hate and warned of the evils letting such an emotion into your heart and I listened and strive to implement his teachings into my life. I haven't ever regretted not hating anyone or anything. Not once, not now, not ever. People are entitled to their opinions and actions. People are entitled to say or think what they will. People don't have to like me. People may hate me as well. I will not hate them back though.

Make a difference in the world and don't give into hate. Don't teach your children to hate anyone because of their color, their religion, their opinions, teach them that there are all kinds of people in the world. People will not necessarily like you or what you have to say, but that's okay. If everyone in the world thought the same, or looked the same, or believed the same things how would you know who's who? That's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY! ;0)

1 comment:

Cara said...

So true. Hate accomplishes nothing.