Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sew a little more love


Yup, I'm still sewing! This week I made some adorable cute pillows for my (ex) in-laws. They are awesome grandparents to my kids, supportive, loving, always there for them and since they are snowbirds, they will be leaving this weekend. I had heard mention that Grandma loves the pillows I make and wondered if she could have one too and I thought I'd whip up a couple of them as a surprise! I actually picked up both the pillow forms from the thrift store for 3 bucks and the plain material I had in my stash. The patterned material I actually picked up at the thrift store! I get these huge bags of remnants for 5 dollars a piece and I have found some of the most fabulous knits and patterns and I even found enough material in one bag to make curtains! So cool! The felt for the lettering was all leftovers from other projects so we're talking well under 5 dollars a piece for each of these! I love, love the tractor material for Grandpa's pillow! It is so him! ;0)

If you remember, I made a fabulous dress for my daughter from a thrift store find (see here) for Easter. Well, I decided I needed one too! I started with a tank top I bought for four dollars and the white material for the skirt I had in my stash. I went and picked up the purple material for 3 bucks for the sash and ruffle. This just took a couple of hours to complete even, I love how feminine and girlie it turned out! I wore a short sleeved white sweater over it and didn't we all look dapper in our shades of purple and gray? ;0)

No comments: