Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 234)

J. Lamb 2011
On the subject of time management, I mean who am I kidding? Sometimes no matter how well you manage your time, there just isn't enough of it! Today is absolutely one of those days for me as well...*sigh*. My daughter has her last choir concert this evening as well as a soccer game...yep, clear on the other side of town. As of 3:30 this afternoon I will be running like a chicken with my head cut off until at least 8. Honestly, I'm tired just thinking about it! Ugh. I did, however in anticipation of having such a crazy day, put together a list of links for some time management help, enjoy!:


"For some mothers, the constant pressure to be wife, mommy, chef, and chauffeur takes over every minute of the day."  "Going forward, it's important for Wecksler, and other busy mothers, to remember the following three tips to live by.
Combine Several Activities: While showering, make a mental list of things that you need to do that day. If you are watching a sitcom, you can pay your bills at the same time.
Learn to Say No: If someone asks you to do something, and you want to do it, but truly do not have time, learn how to politely say no. That will free up time for what is most important.
Don't Attempt to Do Too Much: Many people feel that they have to accomplish everything yesterday and don't give themselves enough time to do things properly. This leads only to half-finished projects and no feeling of achievement"

 About.com Stress Management, Time Management Tips for Moms

"Time management is a big concern for mothers these days. Between kids’ activities, household responsibilities and, for many, the demands of a stressful workplace, many mothers have given up on the fight to find time for themselves and are just trying to get everything done."
"While taking care of parental, relationship, household and workplace responsibilities, it’s easy for mothers put taking care of themselves last on the list. However, not only is self-care a good idea of physical and emotional health, it’s a good time management tip for moms as well."

Busy Moms Online, Time Management Tips

"If you are like most moms I know you think to yourself, at least once a day, “I wish I had more time!” Most of my clients come to me at some point asking how they can get more hours in the day."

"Get rid of what I call “black holes” or time wasters. Things like TV, checking your email every 5 minutes, online or computer games, and phone calls from chatty friends can be fun but they are also HUGE time wasters."

No comments: