Monday, July 19, 2010

tHiS iS wHaT i LiKe



Now we're cooking with gas!
I know I'm getting away from my usual "This is what I like" segment, but this was from a suggestion from my man...I guess I'll roll with it! I know that this isn't a product that is easily purchasable at your local store, but it DOES make my life easier and if anyone wants to use it for future reference, have at it! I'm sitting here typing and enjoying the smell of my Ham and Potato Soup (gluten free, see recipe at sidebar) and thinking about the benefits of cooking with natural gas.
It's less expensive than electric cooking. Our gas bill hovers around 20 bucks in the summertime. This includes our hot water heater, gas-dryer, and of course our range. In the winter our heat in gas based too, but this time of year a great gauge of the savings we enjoy are reflected directly in the bill!
You can cut you cook times way down. It take no time at all to brown turkey-burger, to fry an egg, and if I use my power burner to boil water, it's usually ready before I am! Makes meals quicker and easier to prepare and that makes Mom happy, which we all know is a good thing!
It's conscientious. I know I enjoy living a little greener and keeping my mother earth happy, don't you? Instead of using electricity generated from mostly coal-fired sources, I'm using a cleaner alternative. It burns cleaner. Period. (This is by no way an opinion on coal-fired power plants. They are the source of electricity for 50% of American homes and a needed commodity. My family depends on it, I'm sure yours does too!)
Okay, that's it! I like natural gas cooking check my links too, I found them most useful! I'm off to enjoy my Ham and Potato Soup (gluten free) cooked with natural gas, I know I like it, maybe you will too!

3 comments:

Maharry Balls said...

Power burner??

jgirl said...

Power burners rock! They just heat up faster and are most useful for boiling water and whatever you need to cook, fast! ;0)

Maharry Balls said...

Never heard of it!