Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Smell of Autumn




What is the smell of Autumn? The smell of pumpkins, the smell of cloves, the smell of crisp morning air, the smell of fallen leaves piled in the yard...ahhh, yes it smelled that way today or at least at my house! I love Autumn, it is truly my favorite time of the year. I love how the days get cooler and the golden hue of dusk comes earlier and earlier in the eve. I love how the sky deepens into a rich shade of blue and the leaves change color all at once. I love sweaters and jeans and boots, for my cooler weather wardrobe is better than that of summer's. What I love most is making the best of what Mother Nature has to offer. Apples and pumpkins are particular favorites and I have plans for baked apple cinnamon oatmeal and just made Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread today (recipe on side bar). It smelled heavenly and tasted just as good and made me wish for Autumn, to hurry and come so we can enjoy it's splendor.