Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TiP fOr TuEsDaY


Be realistic.

Okay I confess, I am not a very good Mom...especially today. I am angry, frustrated, and impatient. I am in such an ornery mood that I don't want to do anything at all, especially for all the ankle biters. No one has cleaned anything, no one can do anything for themselves, no one can keep track of their things and it's taking all of my effort not to beat my head against the wall. *Sigh*
We all have the days where no one listens to a thing you say and you can't figure out for the life of you why you bother to clean anything at all. We all have kids who lose their jackets and shoes and their favorite toys and it's going to piss you off sometimes too. I was sitting here thinking I needed to write a blog post for today and I couldn't think of anything except being mad.
I mean come on, no matter how hard you try and how organized you are and how patient you try to be, sometimes you're going to lose it and yell. When you find yourself at that point, put yourself in time out. That's why I'm hiding in the office for the time being. I can't hear anyone whining and I can't see the "deer in the headlights" look when you ask them to back track to where they saw their book last.
I'm realistic and some nights there is too much going on to want to cook, so I don't. I promise no one will die if they have take-out or frozen waffles...again,;0) I'm realistic, I know I am going to get angry sometimes and frustrated and impatient and I will have to put myself in time out. I promise no one will shrivel up without my presence for a few minutes either!;0) Be realistic and here's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY. ;0)

1 comment:

Maharry Balls said...

And just the fact that you know how to do this PROVES that you ARE a good mom!