Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sunshine!


my baby...

is growing up too

but, is still my baby for now...;0)

I've noticed that I prattle on about my two older kids, as they grow and mature they take up a lot of time and patience. This makes me ever so grateful the sunny spot in my life, my baby. I am under no delusions that my baby isn't a baby any longer, no rosy red cheeks, no chubby little tummy, no overalls, no Buzz Lightyear fetish, chubby arms around my neck. I wish to keep that way in my mind forever and in a sense he will always be that way to me. When he was born it was love at first sight, he has always been Mommy's boy. In the hospital when he was born, he never went to the nursery he stayed right with me. Barely a fuss when he was hungry, he looked at me with wide eyes as I spoke to him as if he was listening to every word enraptured.
I don't have hardly any baby pictures of him, unfortunately, he lived with his Aunt and Uncle (along with his siblings) from 14 mos. to just before he turned 3. (Why? click here) My arms ached for him especially in their absence. He was so very young and even though I didn't get to see him for a couple of months at a time, he ran to me arms extended when I was able to get back to them. Ran to me and wouldn't let go.
Today, he is getting so big with friends and interests and is growing and maturing along with his siblings. I'm afraid one day he'll turn into his big brother and be resistant to huggys and kissys and loves before school and before bed, but not now. For now he is still my ray of sunshine with arms tight around my neck proclaiming, "My Momma!" and insisting upon one more kissy before letting me go. He still crawls up on my lap while watching movies and jumps up in front of me to be picked up and I oblige (even though he weighs nearly 50 lbs). Sunshine, my happy (not so) baby boy!;0)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Gotta love that Sethee Bug!