Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When we lose...

J. Lamb 2011
time just seems to never stop...

only speeds up as it passes... 
I was speaking with a friend yesterday and we were discussing loss, a friend of ours from growing up lost his child to a long illness over the weekend. Both of us know how it feels to lose a child and imagined the heartache our friend must feel. (You can read her story here) Even though I'm not going to promote any sort of belief here, I do believe personally that we will see our loved ones again. Losing a child is so very hard (especially when they are so young), you never get to see them grow up and achieve their potential, you ache for small arms around your neck, for sticky kisses, for little voices calling your name. Aching for what might have been is especially hard even if it never occurred in the first place. When you lose a loved one, you never stop missing them even when they've been gone a very long time.
My friend and I are right, time never stops in only speeds up as it passes. I look back almost 14 years later and still wonder what might have been, who he would have looked like, what his personality would have been like. I can't help, but to wonder how my life would be different now had he survived. My thoughts and prayers are with our friend and his family and hope they are able to find peace, for I know that they will see her again.
 

1 comment:

Cara said...

Love you, Sis. :)