Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TiP fOr TuEsDaY



Tip-a-palooza!!

I've spent a good deal of my morning this morning trying to think of a blog-worthy tip for my segment. I've got a bunch of smaller tips and I'm going to smash them all into this post...so watch out! =0)

Baby-wipes. Everyone is familiar with these, especially if you have babies/toddlers in your house. Did you know you can do a lot more with these than wipe butts? They are great for wiping noses and sticky fingers, for wiping unidentified crust from your little one's hair. You can wipe spills and puke from the carpet as well. Got a smelly dog who hates baths or who is smelly in between baths? That's right, wipe him down with a few baby-wipes, he'll be powder fresh in no time!

Stained counters. Have a laminate counter top? Does it have few stains? Now do you own a dishwasher? If your answer was yes to all of these you are in luck! Dry dishwasher detergent is awesome for getting out counter stains! No lie! Get the spot a little wet with some water and add some detergent, enough to form a paste. Give it a light scrub and voila! Stain's gone!

Puking kids. I have one child who tends to throw up, no matter what he is sick with...yep, your jealous, I can tell! Ha! First of all find out the source of the puking, ie; stomach flu, too much junk, food poisoning, just because... If you suspect stomach flu, immediately strip all beds of the offenders, Lysol all door knobs, mattresses, head boards, hard surfaces. Launder all the bedding. Bleach the bathroom. Why, you ask? Stomach flu is easily spreadable and can be stopped fairly quickly in this manner. If you suspect it's food poisoning, clean all dishes left in the kitchen and Lysol/bleach all other surfaces. Be sure to follow the steps above as well. It's also a good idea to keep some activated charcoal on hand (available at health food/ vitamin stores), this helps to absorb whatever is left in the stomach and is what is used for poisoning in the hospital. If you suspect it's too much junk/just because (I'm kidding of course!) be sure to clean and launder anywhere that got puked on and give your child clear liquids and yogurt when he is feeling a little better. My chronic puker can usually be stopped cold by an offering of yogurt. Acidophilus can help as well, if you can get them to swallow pills that is!

Use Oxyclean to clean! Scrub your grout, scrub stained concrete, scrub your carpet, scrub your porcelain sink. I add this versatile stuff to all my loads of laundry, it helps catch stains I miss and freshens/whitens all my laundry too. It is also great for preventing bleeding colors.

So here's your TiP(s) fOr TuEsDaY! all these things make my life a little easier and I'll bet they can work for you too! =0)

1 comment:

Cara said...

I do all those things too... except the dishwasher detergent. I'll have to keep that one in mind!