Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TiP fOr TuEsDaY

As I'm sure everyone missed my TiP fOr TuEsDaY segment last week due to technical difficulties, be rest assure it is alive and well again today! SHAZAAM!! ;0) Honestly though, it has been difficult to get everything done and blog as well...I blame it on the time of year. What is it with Fall? I mean I LOVE Fall with a passion, but it seems no matter how hard I try to get everything done I would normally have to do and then the fun stuff too, I fail miserably. Take yesterday for instance, I washed 3 loads of laundry, I blogged, I picked up the house, I went to an appointment after shuttling everyone to and from school. I made dinner, I cleaned up after dinner, I went grocery shopping and put everyone to bed and when I looked at the clock it was 10 pm! Where on earth did the time go? Aww...it seems it was sucked into the vortex that is Fall!
Not only does it seems like there is not enough time, there truly isn't. The days are shorter in length and activities for school compile into piles not unlike the giant leaf piles we used to rake up in our backyard as kids. "I have a birthday party to go to...", "I need help with a project for school"..., "I need a ride to practice"...it truly is ongoing. Aside from overly involved kids, there is always all the fun things that associated with the season. Making Halloween costumes, decorating the house, baking up some  goodies, carving pumpkins, corn mazes, family fun...super fun and exciting is it all...or it would be more so if I wasn't so blasted tired, right? Here's a few tips for staying on top of it all and maintaining your sanity (sure....):
Make a list.
Be it an "on paper" type list or mental type, take a few minutes to list what you want to accomplished for the season.
Decorate the house, check.
Make Halloween costumes, check.
Bake up some goodies, check.
Toilet paper neighbors house, check, check!;0)
Of course, I'm kidding about the last one (or am I?...hmmmm...) but you get the picture!
Enlist some help.
The kids want to go visit the corn maze or local haunted house and your house is a wreck, so what do you do? Make them help clean it up. Set aside an hour before they want to go somewhere and do some intense cleaning and make the fun stuff the reward. You give a great lesson about being rewarded for your efforts and the house gets some attention as well. Win, win if you ask me!;0)
Be realistic.
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to get everything accomplished, you can't. The key is to be okay with that. We as mothers and women sometimes put way too much pressure on ourselves to be "perfect" and "accomplished" and...and...I know there are times that I do as well. I want everyone to be happy and sometimes I end up making myself crazy in the process. Prioritize your list and make sure to include some fun stuff too and if you know you can't get it all done, then be okay with that too. If the kids are happy and the house is semi-clean and you had a little fun too, then folks, you've got it made I say!;0)
HELP! I'm being sucked into the vortex of Fall...but hey, the love of the season makes up for it and with my list, enlisted help, and realistic view, then by golly I'm set! Shazaam!! That's your TiP fOr TuEsDaY!;0)

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm being sucked into the vortex too. If I didn't live by a list I'd never get anything done. :)