Wednesday, December 29, 2010

and to think, in year's past I would have laughed..

Laughed at all the other Mom's pulling out their hair with all the kids out on Christmas break. I always worked, the kids hung out at daycare, who entertained them and carted them on field trips to the library and the pool and the local museums. "My kids are driving me crazy", I'd hear as I gloated that mine were well taken care of while I worked. That was last year though and seeing that no one has seen fit to gainfully employ me, I am one of those hairless Moms with the bored whiny kids. Well, actually it's not that bad...my boys are self-sufficient, entertain themselves well and have been engrossed in the various video games and Lego's they received for Christmas. My daughter on the other hand....eh, not so much. She insists she wants to help me do whatever it is I'm doing and when I let her, her interest only lasts for a few minutes before she's whining to be done. Don't get me wrong, she got plenty of things to entertain her for Christmas, she just would rather pick on her brothers or hang on me. Um, yeah. If Mother nature would cooperate a little more and send some more of that famous sunshine we're known for this time of year instead of the buckets of rain we've gotten instead, I would actually have a problem. "Huh, you're bored? Go outside then, bye!", I would reply to the constant "I'm boreds" streaming from her mouth. But, no. I sit and count of the days until the break is over and am thoroughly grateful for visitors this weekend and other things to do. Thus is life I suppose and fast forward a few years and I'm going to miss having them all here to bug me at all, right? ;0)

No comments: