Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A stitch in time...Christmas is a coming (the results)

Oh, Christmas tree...

My felt wreaths that took forever to complete, but are really pretty!

Spray painted pinecones strewn under the bows...

Your stockings have to match too, right?

and pretty stars in gold and teal, twinkle amongst the branches...
As promised, I provided pics for my decorating madness. Many an hour spent over the last few weeks with needle in hand and painted fingers, provided for some pretty Christmas decor!
I know I mentioned that my colors were teal and gold this year and I had every intention to stick with just those colors and a little cream too, but as I wound the lights over my tree I discovered that I did not have enough white LED lights to cover the whole tree. After an annoyed grumble, I decided that I would use a couple of strings of red lights too. Of course, that meant that I needed something in the red dept. as well. I had a stack of colored foam sheets that had several red pieces and I quickly cut out some red hearts and sprinkled them evenly over the tree. I also twisted some red and white pipe cleaners into candy cane hearts and added them as well. The result is a pretty, if perhaps patriotic-looking tree!
Do you like my  no fireplace mantle solution? Yes, I did just string my stockings through gold ribbon and secure them with our monogram pins I collected last year. I then tied the ribbon to my archway and pushed a pushpin through the middle to secure it, it's pretty I think! ;0)
Not too bad for decorating on the cheap!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I like the wreaths. They are pretty. :)

jgirl said...

Thanks, they ought to be...they took hours to complete! ;0)