Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm just being myself...

Sorry that the image is a bit on the blurry side, I swiped it from Amazon. It was so cute, I just couldn't resist! If anyone knows me, they know for a fact that I am a Peanuts nut, Snoopy in particular. How can anybody be grumpy when faced with a happy go lucky beagle? I know I sure can't and I imagine this is the basis for his mass appeal. I am a grown-up though and my house isn't covered with Snoopy based items, but there are two large shelves to house my collection of Snoopy things I've amassed over the years. I have Snoopy on my car, I had a Snoopy flag in my yard (until the mean ol' wind snapped my pole in two) and even when my ex-husband came over to pick up the kids last year (oh yes, he visits that often...) he was able to immediately pick out our house because of Snoopy. "Let me guess, it's the one with the Snoopy flag...", he said to his Mom.
I laugh that I feel the need to point out that I'm an adult because you see I have this Snoopy blanket, this blanket goes with me everywhere I travel. It sits on my bed for snuggling or on the couch as well. It took all I had in me when friends of ours came over last weekend, not to go steal it back after I had forgotten it on the couch and my friend curled up under it. I still had to wash it immediately after she left though...hmmm. I accidentally left it at home last time I traveled and pouted so miserably, my Mom took pity on me and bought me another blanket to substitute. It wasn't the same though! Poor Snoopy blanket, it has seen better days and try as I might, I have never been able to find another. I sat and scoured pages and pages of Snoopy items over the weekend on the web in attempts to find a suitable replacement. After and hour or two I was done and was getting ready to get up when I spied an ad at the bottom of the page I was looking at for a Snoopy twin sized blanket (the size I have now) and for a great price! Score! I motioned to my man and pointed out exactly what I saw and he shooed me from the room. How much you want to bet I'll be getting a new Snoopy blanket for Christmas?! ;0)
I know it's silly to have such a juvenile fetish and seeing as though I'm a 30-something year old Mom of three, you would think I would be beyond such things. I just can't help it though! I'm just being myself and no one can tell me I'm doing it wrong! ;0)

No comments: