Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grumpy-bumpy

Grumpy-bumpy woke up on the wrong side of the bed, again. He looked around his sun-filled and frowned. "The sun is up again?", he said. "The sun is just too bright and happy looking and it makes me grumpy...", he thought with a scowl. He tried to bury himself beneath his pillow to no avail, the happy warm sun made impossible to block it out. Begrudgingly Grumpy-bumpy, pushed himself out of bed and decided he'd better make breakfast. He opened the refrigerator to look for the milk, only to find it missing. He scanned the kitchen to find his sister, Happy-sappy, using the last of the milk to make a large batch of pancakes.
"Happy-sappy!", he grumped, "You used up all the milk on purpose! Now what am I supposed to make my soggy cereal with?" Happy-sappy just smiled and brought Grumpy-bumpy a huge plate of steaming pancakes and set in front of him. Grumpy-bumpy sniffed, they did smell good! Grumpy-bumpy doused them in syrup and took a taste, they did taste good. With out even realizing it Grumpy-bumpy started to smile. Grumpy-bumpy wasn't grumpy anymore and all it took was a kind act from Happy-sappy.

I know I missed my daily blog post yesterday, but seriously it wasn't for lack of trying. I had many things to do yesterday and many places to be and I started this post yesterday and got too busy to finish it. Eh, it happens! I actually wrote this silly short story to go along with the quote I shared on my fan page yesterday.


"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
When was the last time you stopped and spread sunshine, just because? You can be happy and kind and appreciative and expect nothing in return. Teach your children this and start a trend, make kindness a trend. You never know who's watching or whose lives you're affecting.

No comments: