Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 220)

Being Chic on the Cheap!

Howdy partners! Today's tip comes from the depths of my closet and emptiness of my pocketbook. It's no secret that money has been tight around here, but that doesn't mean I don't look good! (Well, you be the judge!) And even though I haven't had a lot of extra cash for clothes, I want to share with you some tips for making what you have stretch a little further. Join me...to the closet we goooooo. ;0)

One of the best things to do to stretch your wardrobe is to make sure you have some fabulous basics. The top I have above is from Banana Republic, purchased at TJ Maxx for 5.99. (Thank you Mommy for the gift card!). It's a classic black and fitted at the top with a V-neck and loose at the bottom. Super cute and super comfy!
The first look is great for warm nights (think date night!) or looking nice during the day. I paired it with a pair of super comfy stretch jeans (another TJ Maxx find, 7 dollars on clearance) rolled up into cuffs and had a little fun with my super cute and comfy hot pink wedges (Ross $9.99) and matching pink beads (seriously Wal-Mart clearance for $3!). Grab a blazer if it's nippy and look how cute this is!
This second look is one of my favorites! I paired the top with a snappy black and white striped cardigan (Ross clearance $8) and paired it with a pair of comfy faded stretch jeans (TJ Maxx clearance $8.99). Black and white is so graphic it's really fun to add a punch of red! I added the red shiny necklace (Target $1 section!!) and my favorite red and black leopard print ballet flats (Ross 9.99). Black and white stripes are very in right now and I love, love this look!

Look #3 is conservative, but super cute! I paired the top with a pretty lavender basic comfy tee (Target 3 bucks on clearance) and my charcoal colored light weight wool military inspired capris (Old Navy clearance 5 bucks!) and my favorite comfy black ballet flats (Ross $12.99). My purple purse (TJ Maxx 12.99 clearance) and purple and silver necklace ( I made it myself!) make great accessories!

The last look would be the most likely candidate for a day like today. My kids are out of school and they want me to take them to the playground. Doesn't mean you have to wear sweats, right? Right. I paired the top with my comfy cargos (Target $6 on clearance) and my pinstriped short sleeved blazer (TJ Maxx $5 clearance!). Along with my signature cons (in sky blue and $24.99 at TJ Maxx) and my great retro denim cap ($7 clearance Target) I am fabulous! Wow, I just realized that my entire outfit cost less than my shoes! Awesome!
So let's recap: 1. Have great basics....check!
                      2. Make sure to accessorize....check!
                      3. Don't be afraid of a little color....check!
                      4. Have great shoes....check, check!
                      5. Don't spend a lot and look great too? I think I've got it down! Happy good lookin' TiP fOr TuEsDaY! ;0)

No comments: