Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 230)

source: Good Housekeeping April 2011
                                                    Chic on the Cheap!

For the last couple of weeks, my TiP fOr TuEsDaY articles have been focused on making the most of your wardrobe. Imagine how excited I was when I opened my Good Housekeeping magazine for April 2011 and they had an entire article to dedicated to just that!

Wardrobe Basics: How to Wear 8 Pieces 30 Different Ways

The article shows how you can take 8 basic pieces and wear them 30 different ways and I love, love the concept! For years this has been my focus of shopping (for myself and my kids included) to buy good basics that you can pair with a few fun things and keep your look fresh! The article works with a navy dress, a nautical striped tee, a red shell (sleeveless blouse), a red cardigan, a white blouse, dark denim jeans, a khaki suit, and a white skirt. Let me see what I have of these in my wardrobe....
White shirt, red tank (pretty close) and dark denim jeans

Pink cardigan (again, pretty close), striped shirt, and nice khaki chinos

Navy dress

I know, I know...no white skirt or a khaki suit either. I guess I'll be on the look out for both! Imagine the possibilities though...navy dress with striped shirt, or white shirt over the top, or dark denim and cardigan and striped shirt, or...or...great stuff! Thank you Good Housekeeping for your inspiration this TiP fOr TuEsDaY!

No comments: