Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TiP fOr TuEsDaY (post 215)

Strange tips that work!

As I was thinking of a "tip" segment for today, I came to the realization that some of things I do are a bit unconventional. How I vanquish the sickies or comfort colds or even how I clean some things aren't what you could describe as "normal". Ha! I mean, what do you expect from ShE's NoT yOuR aVeRaGe MoM? Exactly!

-Got a sore throat?

This has got to be one of my favorite tips and one I follow religiously. Say you have a sore throat or you have that obnoxious tickle in it that means you are coming down with something...get out your Listerine then and gargle! I gargle my sore throats gone always and it really works too! My kids are even old enough to do this too. Just get a little Listerine in your mouth and lean your head back as far as it goes and gargle for as long as you can stand. If I do this 2 to 3 times a day, I can get rid of the sore throat withing a few days and it even helps diminish my colds. We can always use less time feeling yucky, right? Exactly. ;0)


-Stuffy head/ cough at night?

My kids catch colds of course, ick... and my daughter even had the croup this winter, double ick. I was so surprised when the pediatrician suggested this, but it really works! Put Vicks VapoRub on the souls of their feet and put on socks for bed. Weird, huh? Wow, I was so surprised when it worked though! My kids slept easier and coughed less and got over their colds a little faster because they were well-rested! Who'd a thunk it? Simple too! ;0)

-Quit scrubbing your shower!

What? You're kidding, right? Nope. I actually rarely deep clean my shower, but it isn't disgusting. Want to know how? Easy! I have some anti-bacterial body wash in my shower (it's great for armpits) and an old scrubby poofy and I have a clean shower. How? About once a week, while I'm showering, I put a little anti-bacterial on the old poofy and scrub wash the floors and the walls and the rest of the surfaces. The anti-bacterial soap helps control the mold/mildew growth and makes it so I don't have to spend a lot of time scrubbing unnecessarily! Cool, huh? I also keep the glass doors clean by squeegeeing them after the shower.

-Don't throw away your used paper towels!

Really? Isn't that kind of gross? Not really. I mean don't throw away the ones you wiped your hands on. They are just wet right? Not necessarily dirty. My man has the habit of leaving his paper towels on the counter tops when he is done with them, not a bad thing though. I grab them to wipe up spills and I grab them to wipe the floor. It saves you from wasting so many paper towels and give something to grab and wipe up spills! Win, win if you ask me! ;0)

So here's a few of my unconventional tips...Listerine for sore throats, VapoRub and socks for colds, anti-bacterial soap for showers, and reuse of paper towels. Sounds good, right? That's your tip for Tuesday! ;0)

No comments: