Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don't be so serious!


Laughter really is the best medicine for what ails you. We all have at least a little drama in our lives and if you let it get you down...what is the point in going on? I get weighed down by the woes of the world myself and have to limit myself from watching the news occasionally because of it. So much bad is happening all around us all the time and the media takes full advantage and bombards us from all levels with news of disasters, wars, death, heart-ache. That being said you can't let it wear you down and make you forget what is "good" in your life.
Having a hard time laughing it up? Pick a extremely silly activity to do with your family. We sing karaoke in our living room, not all that well either! I always make the best of not being the best songstress ever and make sure to dance badly and laugh at myself in the process. Start a water fight in your backyard on a hot day, call an all out tickle war on your kids. I tend to be quite random, which causes my kids to roll around in stitches., Burst out in silly song while driving, our pretend to munch on toes as you tuck your little one's in at night! My baby squeals as I come after his toes, snorting in momster fashion. I love to catch my man off guard and knock him over onto the bed, just to get laid on and tickled. It's so funny though!
Give it a try next time you find yourself in such a serious mood. Talk in a funny accent, laugh at inappropriate times, burst into song...just because. Life's too short to be so serious! =0)

No comments: