Thursday, May 6, 2010

wHaT's FoR dInNeR?

How many of you heard this today? "Mom, what's for dinner?" Some days it's just enough to try not to tear your hair out! Okay, well maybe not that bad...but, doesn't it seem like you eat the same things over and over again? I know it most likely true at my house...the kids only willingly eat certain things, my man has Celiac's along with a few different food allergies...I'm never hungry. So what do you do? I asked my FB friends for a little help with the what's for dinner question and here's what I got:
Jessica Johnson Lamb: I know it's a tad early...but, what's for dinner? (I need some help for blog purposes BTW!)

Janae Yorgason:
Nachos - Chips, refried beans, cheese and sour cream. Doesn't get much better than that!

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
my kind of dinner! yum!=0)

Mary Harshaw Rindlesbach:
a variation on the campbell's three cheese pasta skillet (you can look it up on their site) - I add cooked chicken and broccoli for a one-pan dinner. my husband LOVES this.

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
sounds delicious! thanks Mary! =0)

Jamie Willden Schoppmann:
frozen shrimp sauted with some garlic and then rice and probably corn or some other side, kids love it!

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
if I could get the kids to eat shrimp that would be great...my man would LOVE it though! ;0)

Dorey Pierce Ponce:
MMM! I made Navajo Tacos on Sunday and I am craving some today! :D So easy...Let Rhodes Rolls rise for 3-4 hours and then throw them in a fry daddy! Yum! :D

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
Awww...I totally miss me some Navajo tacos...yum!;0)

Lura Dulaney Glover:
Salad w/ chicken on top...too hot to eat hot food!

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
yeah, we go for the non-cook type meals frequently in the heat! =0)
3 hours ago ·

Bernita Mckinney:
So what's for dinner? Desiree and I will be on the next flight ha ha!!

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
nah, I wouldn't worry about it B...we went for the Wendy's all the way! Go Mom of the year! ;0)

Bernita Mckinney:
Woo hoo! LOL McDonald's is right around the corner. Desiree says that I am her "best mom!" LOL

Jessica Johnson Lamb:
I love it! LOL! =0)

Bernita Mckinney:
We're suckers for their pies, ice cream and sweet tea!

Sometimes life gets in the way of actually making dinner...like it did tonight, I had a child who had a concert this evening and it was much easier to stop on the way home than it was to try to make something afterwords! I have a few ideas for always kid friendly ideas that even my picky brood will eat and I'll put them over on the quick recipe guide to the right of the page for you to try! Chin up we all have to have dinner at some point and don't feel bad if that includes a drive-thru window occasionally! =0)

2 comments:

Cara said...

That question is practically the first question that comes out of Ainsley's mouth when she gets home from school. I hate it because if I tell her we're having something she doesn't like then I'll hear about it for the rest of the evening. :S

jgirl said...

I respond with "food" and when I get what kind? I say edible...lol! =0)