Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's is a Mom?


Well duh, if you have a pulse I'm sure you know what a Mom is! I mean no one would be alive on this planet today, if they didn't exist...I'm serious! Think about it, unless you were hatched...you have a Mom someplace. Look up Mom in Wikipedia and it looks like this :
Mom (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mom may refer to:

Mothering

* Mom (or mommy), is a term used predominantly in North American English speaking countries in reference to a mother, the female parent
* Soccer mom, demographic group of women with school-age children, a term used in North America


(I like the soccer Mom added in there too!) But, kidding aside does your Mom really have to be YOUR mom? The short answer is no. A Mom could be really your aunt, or a grandmother who raised you...a Mom could be the person who took care of you as a child. I have a friend who was raised by her Grandparents and in her mind her Mom is her Grandma. She raised her, cared about her well-being, was and still is there for her when she needs her. My man lost his Mom a few years ago and has an Aunt who took over for her, sending birthday cards and presents at Christmas...he sends her a Mother's Day card every year.
Here's a reminder from a "not so average Mom", make sure you thank your Mom this Mother's Day. Send a card, flowers, give her a call and tell her how much she means to you...it doesn't have to be much and it doesn't have to cost a thing. I'm looking forward to semi-behaved kids and three tight hugs and I love you's...because honestly, the smiling faces of my children is thanks enough.=0)

No comments: