Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home



I love my home. Not just a place for my belongings or place to come to at the end of the day, it is my sanctuary. There is nothing like the peaceful feeling that you get when you come home from a long day or a trip out of town and know that you can sleep in your own bed that night, that the floors are going to creak in the same places, that your things will not pick themselves up. It is a refuge from all the uncertainty in life that throws itself into your path, it is a refuge from the harsh elements that singe the skin and blow about. It is a beacon of light keeping my children safe during the black of night. With its quiet corners for reading and its large windows filling the rooms with life giving light, I cannot think of living elsewhere.
I didn't have my own home for many years and have moved 20 times in the last 14 years and I didn't know quite how much I was missing not having a home. Rental apartments and condos and Mom's house again a time or two, just were never the same. I, as do my children, crave the stability that living here in our home has given us and I just couldn't imagine it any other way. Thank you to my man, thank you so much for giving us a chance to have a home. Thank you for letting us be your family to fill our home.
If you ever have the opportunity to own a home, do it. The benefits far outweigh the challenges and you will not regret it. My sanctuary, my Home Sweet Home. =0)

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm so glad you have a home too!