Friday, August 20, 2010

ThOuGhT fOr ThE dAy


"And they were canopied by the blue sky, So cloudless, clear, and purely beautiful, That God alone was to be seen in Heaven."
Author: Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron)

One of my favorite quotes and it echoes my thoughts when I see the bluest of skies. It's like looking through a mirror and being smiled upon by the heavens. I'm honestly not sure why this quote came to mind today, perhaps because I was thinking about something someone said to me the other day. It had to do with how I personally felt about a situation and this person decided that my feelings didn't deserve merit. Fair enough, was initially reaction, I mean we are all entitled to feel how we will. The more I though about it though, the more it saddened me to think that this person really didn't have the capacity to accept, well just that, acceptance. Unquestioning acceptance. I'm not one to judge people for their actions, for their beliefs, for their beings and I'm curious as to why this person felt that my concern was unjustified. I probably won't find out anytime soon, but it sure made me sad. To not be able to look heavenward through the bluest sky and know that you are...is tragic to say the least. To know someone cares, whether you think they should or not, should warrant gratitude and not be questioned. Just a thought.

No comments: