Thursday, August 26, 2010

The things we do for our children...




Occasionally I find myself amazed at things I do for my children, you know things you never pictured yourself doing! My man and I sacrificed something for ourselves for my daughter's birthday this year, click here if you want the details, but I find myself doing these things most days.
Even in the old days of being married to the kid's Dad and coming home with him wearing the princess crown playing on the floor with our daughter. "Oh Daddy, are you a princess too?", I'd ask and he'd give me a sheepish look. I sacrifice sleep frequently, up at 6:45 five days a week for my son, to school at 7:50 with my daughter 2 days a week. I sacrifice the gas in my car driving to 2 different schools 3 times a day most days and 4 times a day on 2. I am limited to times I can shower daily, times I can grocery shop weekly, times to get the laundry done and the house cleaned as well. The kids go to school and the mad dash of chores and errands and hobbies and Mom time begins and always ends just as quickly as it starts it seems! I sacrifice my needs to make sure they have what they need, I sacrifice my wants to make sure they have what they want. I spend my money on them and when I get more, I spend it on them too! I sacrifice a clean house for playtime, I sacrifice a good meal for popcorn and a movie sometimes too.
Of course there are things that I want, but the happiness of my children far outweighs anything that I want hands down. You know why? Because the thing I ultimately want is them, healthy, happy, strong, and able to make whatever they want out of life a reality. The ability for them to be successful, happy, and able to contribute to society starts with you Mom. I, for one, am okay with just that.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I sacrfice getting to eat when I want and being able to go to the bathroom... :)

jgirl said...

oh yes, I remember THOSE days...;0)