Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taking advantage...


This is your NoT sO aVeRaGe MoM. She looks a bit stressed don't you think? Nevermind that this shot was actually taken after a freak hailstorm a couple of weeks ago and she of course had to drag kids out in it because of a birthday party. But, this picture perfectly describes how she feels when she's being taken advantage of.
Yes, I somehow let myself be frequently and just because I'm not working right now doesn't mean I'm not just a busy (if not more) than if I do work. Think about this my so called "friends" who only call me up when they need my help with something. Just because I'm not working doesn't mean I want to come over and help you clean your cat-hair encrusted house, especially when you never bother to call me up and ask how things are going. Think about this when you decide to drop off your normally well-natured baby with me for a few hours, without a bottle. Then when you do come to retrieve her, ask to use the computer while she wails because she hasn't seen you in a while and just really wants you to hold her and nurse her.
Perhaps it's my fault, maybe I don't know when to say "no", like I really should have after being asked to make 40 bibs for a baby shower. Seriously!? Who on God's green earth needs 40 bibs? Yep, and I showed her too...I only made 30...so there!
I actually enjoy not working, I enjoy picking my kids from school everyday and making dinner most nights too. I love that my house is pretty clean and love it even more that it stays that way while the kids are in school! So, why is it you assume that I'm bored and feel the need to do stuff for you? Nobody ever asks if they can do anything for me...or even asks how my life is going. Yep, it's almost enough to get another job...or stop answering my phone anyway! ;0)

3 comments:

Maharry Balls said...

Awww...I know how you feel. Everyone thinks because I'm not married and don't have kids that I am always available to cater to them. It's very irritating.

Start saying no and only do what's going to make you happy! :)

jgirl said...

I will have to do just that! ;0)

Cara said...

Use your Caller ID more often. Just sayin'... :)