Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Find the beauty in everyday

How many of us do this, really look around while we're going about our daily business? Keeping our eyes peeled for the beauty of our realm as we shuttle kids or read a book or go about living our lives. You don't? Well, why? I know that I am guilty of being in a rush to get things done frequently and I don't always have the time to appreciate the simple beauty of just being alive. I took some time today to capture some of the things I see everyday as I go about my life and raise my children, it's amazing how simple things can be beautiful.
The view of the sky and the tree with just the last of it's leaves through my window
The strange fence and brilliant blue and red contrast I drive past daily
My love of books, the words, the pages to leaf through....

The view of Red Mountain I see as I take my kids to school

The texture of my couch, all waffley, squishy, comfortable to sink into





The flowers that are barely hanging on after chilly late Fall temperatures

The trees as they frame Utah Hill in the distance when I drop kids off at school
The lamppost in the park where we watch people and their dogs
These are all things I see in my travels daily and I'm not a fantastic photographer with a great camera either. I just have learned to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me even in monotony. The beauty we live in everyday. ;0)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

love the photos--I need to slow down and appreciate the small things--the beauties around me. I do enjoy your blog!

jgirl said...

Thank you so much Betsy!