Monday, November 29, 2010

tHiS iS wHaT i LiKe (post 152)

Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour

Happy Monday to you all! Whether you like it or not I'm back, after a longer-than-necessary hiatis! I'd feel horrible, but according to my news feed I've had 7 visitors in the last 3 days and 3 of those were me. Apparently everyone else was busy too and I'm okay with that! Since I have the luxury of sending all my kids back to school for the day and no one is getting out early and I have no where overly important to go, I get to sit here and type for a couple of hours! Ahh...bliss!;0)
Okay I'll get to the product all ready, since I'm sure this is why you all are here in the first place (yes, all four of you). Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour! I know that anyone who claims themselves G.F. is well versed with the Bob's Red Mill product line. I don't think I've used any of their products that I didn't like, but I love the All-Purpose flour especially! I have substituted this flour in so many things with great results, that I just HAD to share with you! Just look at my recipe side bar and several of the recipes use this stuff, it's great! For Thanksgiving alone I used it to make pie crust (yum!) and my gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin pie turned out great! We used it to whip up a batch of turkey gravy as well, yum yum! My pumpkin bread recipe uses this great flour, as well as, my delicious potato soup! I make home-made pancakes with it and will be making sugar cookies for everyone to decorate soon as well. I've made loaves of bread with it and pizza crust, really the possibilities are endless!
I want to truly thank the good folks at Bob's Red Mill for manufacturing such a great product and I want to especially thank Costco for carrying the large bags of it again! I scored 2 of them yesterday, SHAZAAM!! Holiday baking made gluten-free, yes! ;0)

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I have been investigating gluten-free simply because it seems to help arthritis symtoms abate, according to some reports. So I will being paying more attention to your suggestions since you live the life!

Anonymous said...

I was one of those who were checking in on you. :-)

Now that you've answered my G/F flour question....what kind of pasta do you use? So far everything I've tried is way too chewy (does that make sense?) We have a 5 y/o granddaughter who is Type I diabetic and celiac - so noodles/pasta are something we are on the look out for. Thanks for all your recipes and helpful insight! Gramma 22

jgirl said...

@Momma Rempp
The pasta I have found that is truly the best is brown rice Penne Pasta courtesy Trader Joe's
Rice Pasta Rice Sticks courtesy Trader Joe's (think linguine)
and I have some elbows that are rice pasta that I believe are Trader Joe's brand as well (someone just dumped them into the container, hmmm...)
http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/lists/list-no-gluten.pdf
here's the link to the gluten-free products list at Trader Joe's if your interested. ;0)
need any other suggestions tips feel free to email me!
Lambjgirl@yahoo.com

jgirl said...

@Elaine
There are so many benefits to living gluten-free and if you are willing to cook (there's not much in the convenience food selection for gluten-free) there are so many different choices now. You can ask Lee, he never feels deprived (almost) and I can make almost anything gluten/dairy-free! Good luck! ;0)