Friday, November 12, 2010

ThOuGhT fOr ThE dAy (post 141)

J. Lamb 2010

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~Unknown
If you happen to follow my F.B. fan page, you'll see that I have recycled this from my quote for the day. It's not that I've run out of inspiration, it's just that this quote is profound and speaks to me deeply. How many of us measure what we've accomplished in the temporal sense, or by the surface only? I have this and that and people can see that I have accomplished this, but these are all surface accomplishments nothing to be said about character or integrity. The great things that make us up as individuals aren't those that can be seen on the surface, they have to be felt only. Things that have changed us for the better and have molded our beings. As a parent , I know that my greatest accomplishment ever would be my children. The fact that they are happy and healthy and well-adjusted speaks volumes of character and strength and integrity or at least that's what I tell myself! Just a thought...;0)

No comments: