Thursday, November 11, 2010

Honor those who serve...


A special post in honor of Veterans Day 2010.
"How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!"  ~Maya Angelou
When you think of Veterans Day what come to mind? Do you think of battles and wars won and lost, do you think of the sacrifice those soldiers made? Do you think of the loved one's left behind, do you think of loved one's who gave their lives? Do you think of unpopular wars, of men and women who served despite political party lines drawn? Do you think of the veterans forgotten over time? Those who are maybe homeless, infirm, disadvantaged, or lost, do you think about them too? I do. When I think of Veterans Day I think of all these things, I think of my grandfathers, uncles, cousins, and friends who served us all and protected our freedom. I think of the freedom we as Americans enjoy and of those who sacrificed so much for me and mine. I salute you all dear veterans and thank you for you unwavering service in the protection of our freedom. God Bless America.

No comments: