Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanks.

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is just over a week away! I almost fell over when I came to that realization yesterday! That means cooking turkey, making stuffing, hosting guests, cleaning the house, putting up with the kids being out of school for 5 days straight...ugh, it's enough to make you want to pull your hair out! But hey now, let's take a deep breath and remember the reason for the holiday...yes, that would be thanks.
A. Lamb 2010

*The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.  ~H.U. Westermayer*


D. Lamb 2010

Now, that's something to think about. No matter your situation in life, no matter the rush you are in, no matter the impossible perfection you are trying to achieve, someone has it worse than you, period. A quick thought to just that and whatever daunting task or situation that lies ahead of me instantly becomes minuscule. I'm going to take everyday up to Thanksgiving to be thankful and share it here with you and I would love to hear what you are thankful for too! 



S. Lamb 2010

 #1 I'm thankful for my kids, I would not be who I am today without them and couldn't imagine my life if they weren't mine. ;0) They all drew turkey pictures for me today and anyone who knows my kids can guess who drew the blown up one....uh, yeah. ;0)

2 comments:

Cara said...

At least he participated!! Progress is progress right?

jgirl said...

yes, he DOES surprise me by being cooperative occasionally! ;0) LOL!